241 Burrowes Building
Khrystyna Petriv received her Ph.D. in Ukrainian from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in October 2019 with a dissertation on “The Conceptosphere of National Identity and its Language Objectivation in Oksana Pakhlovska’s Social and Political Essays.”. Her research focuses on the national identity of Ukrainians in the cognitive-linguistic, sociolinguistic, and psycholinguistic aspects. She is currently studying the issue of the national identity of Ukrainians during the ongoing war in Ukraine, as well as the renaming of cities, villages, and streets as a result of the decommunization process. In 2021-2022, she taught Ukrainian at the University of Kansas as a Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant.
· The Affirmation of the National Identity in the Modern Renaming (on the Basis of Ukrainian Urbanonyms). Language: Classic – Modern – Postmodern. National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, 2022 (under review) [co-author with L. Kravchenko].
· Preservation of Historical Memory in Returning of Former Names to Ukrainian Villages. Anaphora: Legacy and Memory. Edited by Robert B. Gallin. (London, 2021), pp. 153-168 [co-author with L. Kravchenko].
· The Semantic Resonance as a Way of Representation of the National Identity’s Conceptosphere in Oksana Pakhlovska’s Essays. Science and Education a New Dimension. Philology. VI (47), Issue 160. (Budapest, 2018), pp. 52-55.
· Language as a Factor of National Identity. VARIA XXV. Zborník plných príspevkov z XXV. Kolokvia mladých jazykovedcov (Častá-Papiernička, 23-
25.11.2016). Slovenská jazykovedná spoločnosťi pri Jazykovednom ústave Ľudovíta Štúra SAV (Bratislava, 2017), pp. 325-332.
· The Linguocultural Interference in Works of Oksana Pakhlovska. Spheres of Culture : Journal of Philology, History, Science and Media Communication, Political Science, and Cultural Studies. Volume XV. (Lublin, 2016), pp. 355–360.
· Semantic Dimensions of the Idea of National Identity in Social and Political Essays of the 90s Years of the 20th Century. Humanities Science Current Issues: Interuniversity Collection of Drohobych Ivan Franko State Pedagogical University Young Scientists Research Papers. Issue 19. Volume 2. (Drohobych, 2018), pp. 85-90.