Penn State undergraduate students majoring in German can earn an M.A. degree in International Affairs with only one additional year of study through the integrated undergraduate-graduate degree program offered by the School of International Affairs and the Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures at Penn State. Select students may be eligible for a tuition waiver and paid research position during their fifth year.
- Students must be currently enrolled in the German program at Penn State
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and a GPA of at least 3.5 in all major-related coursework
- An approval from the Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures.
- Online application (http://gradschool.psu.edu/apply/) with $65 non-refundable application fee
- One letter of recommendation from a German Faculty member
- 2-page personal statement describing the applicant’s academic goals and career plans
- Plan of study completed with the applicant’s academic adviser
- Official GRE or SAT scores
For more information on the IUG program or to begin the application process, please email email@example.com with a request to review your eligibility.